Role: Sales Director
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Job Description: Kanvas is looking for a dynamic Sales Director who is responsible for growing an effective and profitable team of Sales Managers, with a heavy focus on Enterprise business. The candidate must be analytical, and metrics driven, working directly with the CFO to create budgets and execute on financial goals. They must have a genuine interest in the growing Cannabis market, as someone who’s continuously researching growing trends and identifying areas of growth both domestically and internationally. It is imperative that the candidate be strategic in their approach, hands-on, willing and able to jump in and perform typical Sales functions while the team grows. Additionally, the candidate must be a proven team leader and excellent mentor.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Develop and implement long term revenue goals for overall company budget.
- Implements national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Aids Procurement and Finance teams to develop an efficient and accurate forecasting process.
- Analyze markdowns, sales to stock and gross margin activity.
- Participate in Buying meetings and assists in managing inventory levels and ATS.
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Ability to forecast a 3-year business plan.
- Provide strategic insight and guidance to leadership.
- Strategically plan and open new business, while serving as the principal point of contact for key accounts.
- Vet and approve all new accounts.
- Present market trends and opportunities to Marketing & Product while assisting in the strategic development of product lines.
- Collaborate with Marketing & Product on merchandising and product strategies for eCommerce sales.
- Work cross-functionally to help develop brand positioning, creative strategy and key campaigns that will significantly drive the evolution of the brand, brand voice and brand awareness in the industry from Sales perspective.
- Attend all tradeshows and major account meetings to ensure brand identity is conveyed to the account properly.
- Help drive the overall strategic vision, quality and consistency of the brand.
- Maintains national sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains national sales staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 4+ years of Sales management with a proven track record leading a successful Sales team while meeting set goals.
- Established relationships and the ability to develop new business in the Cannabis industry.
- Negotiation, selling to customer needs, motivation for sales, sales planning and building relationships.
- General market knowledge of compliance and regulation.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow through on all responsibilities.
- Ability to set budgets, manage expenses and forecast accurately.
- Adaptable multi tasker who can flourish in a dynamic, fast paced, startup environment.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to hire and segment sales team.
- Marketing and P&L experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sales & Marketing or similar baccalaureate strongly encouraged but not required
KANVAS is a packaging, accessories and design brand obsessed with user experience. Our promise is to provide solutions free of harmful toxins that delivers the best possible product. Founded in 2018, our approach is simple: superior goods and unmatched service. In an industry that's quickly evolving, our constant will always be at the intersection of innovation and people-focused operations.
KANVAS is an equal opportunities and affirmative action employer. You can find out more at thekanvasco.com/pages/careers