Role: Sales Territory Manger
Reporting: Sales Director
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Job Description: Kanvas is looking for a Territory Manager to join its growing Sales organization. The candidate is responsible for developing new business opportunities while ensuring customer needs are met satisfactorily. The Territory Manager will verify that the company’s presence in their assigned territory meets company standards and expectations. The candidate must be analytical, and metrics driven, working directly with the Sales Director to create budgets and execute on quarterly goals. It is imperative that the candidate be an excellent communicator who understands Enterprise customer needs. They must be goal-driven, strategic, willing and able to jump in and perform typical Sales functions while the team grows.
- Analyze and interpret financial and sales records. Review market data to determine which sales tactics and marketing techniques are most effective in their territory and why.
- Must effectively communicate the overall strategic vision, quality and consistency of the brand and its products in territory.
- Attend all tradeshows and account meetings to ensure brand identity is conveyed to the account properly.
- Heavily focus on client development while determining strategic ways to better grow revenue in your territory.
- Develop strong relationships with customer’s decision makers; learn the way customers do business and develop an understanding of how customers interact in the marketplace.
- Must be detail-oriented, timeline driven and knowledgeable of graphic customization capabilities and project-based deals.
- Analyze markdowns, sales to stock and gross margin activity.
- Participate in Buying meetings and assists in managing inventory levels and ATS.
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Strategically plan and open new business, while serving as the principal point of contact for key accounts in territory.
- Work cross-functionally to help develop brand positioning, creative strategy and key campaigns that will significantly drive the evolution of the brand, brand voice and brand awareness in the industry from Sales perspective.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years of Sales experience with a proven track record of hitting sales goals.
- Established relationships and the ability to develop new business in the Cannabis industry.
- Strong management skills with extensive Enterprise business knowledge.
- General market knowledge of compliance and regulation.
- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow through on all responsibilities.
- Ability to set budgets, manage expenses and forecast accurately.
- Adaptable multi-tasker who can flourish in a dynamic, fast paced, startup environment.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to hire and segment sales team.
- Marketing and P&L experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sales & Marketing or similar baccalaureate strongly encouraged but not required
KANVAS is a packaging, accessories and design brand obsessed with user experience. Our promise is to provide solutions free of harmful toxins that delivers the best possible product. Founded in 2018, our approach is simple: superior goods and unmatched service. In an industry that's quickly evolving, our constant will always be at the intersection of innovation and people-focused operations.
KANVAS is an equal opportunities and affirmative action employer. You can find out more at thekanvasco.com/pages/careers